The Lipstick Tag


I saw this tag on Brittany's lovely blog and thought I'd do it myself as I have been really wanting to post but I'm just snowed under with university work at the moment (hashtag third year problems). I have lots of half-written reviews that I promise to get up soon but for now I thought a tag would be a nice quick post to write in my lunch break. So let's get started with the questions...

1. How many lipsticks do you own?
I've just counted and I think it's 19. I'm sure this won't seem like a lot to many of you but I actually expected it to be less as I only started wearing lipstick in the last year or two. I've built up quite a collection of makeup over the years but I always shied away from lipstick as I was (still am, but less so) really self conscious about my teeth/the shape of my lips and I didn't really think it would suit me.

2. What was the first lipstick you owned?
I often stole my mums to try out when I was younger but never wore them out of the house! I think the first one I actually owned myself was a Jemma Kid lipstick, it came in a goody bag type thing from the Clothes Show Live and I must have been 14 or 15. It was a bright red, and I think a matte, so not the best colour to start with although in my defence you didn't get to pick what products came in the bag you bought! I remember it had a clear lipbalm on the other end though which I really liked.

3. What is your favourite lipstick brand?
It would probably have to be MAC for the sheer choice of pretty much every colour in every finish you can think of! I think if you had to pick one brand to buy all your lipsticks from MAC would be a good choice for exactly that reason. I love the classic packaging, vanilla scent, and the fact that they're good quality but not as expensive as higher-end brands. For me, fifteen pounds seems like quite a lot of money to shell out for a lipstick because I'm still a bit scared of wearing anything too bright or matte!

4. What is your most worn lipstick?
MAC Angel. The first 'grown-up' (i.e. not a lurid pink Barry M number) lipstick I ever bought and still my favourite. Such a cliche, I know, but it's the perfect my-lips-but-better shade (how many times have you heard that one?) and I throw this on pretty much every day.

5. What is your favourite finish?
I really like the Cremesheen finish from MAC (MAC, MAC, MAC, are we seeing a pattern here?) as they're moisturising and pigmented but not too in your face for colour-shy little old me.

6. What was the last lipstick you bought?
Last weekend I was shopping with my mum (she's a bad influence - I bought half of Whistles' new collection!) and picked up a YSL Volupte Sheer Candy in no. 8 Iced Plum which is quite a sheer lilac toned shade. I also bought one of their Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stains which isn't technically a lipstick but I thought I'd mention it anyway as I have fallen a little bit in love with it. I bought no. 17 Encre Rose but will definitely be swatching some of the other shades soon.

7. How many lip products do you currently have in your bag?
Okay, let's dig them all out... MAC Plumful and Angel, Benefit lipstick in Good-to-go, Dior Lip Glow, some cherry Carmex, and MAC Nice Kitty (my favourite lipgloss in the world, sadly a limited edition *sob*). Six. I don't think that's too excessive, non?

8. What is your favourite red lip colour?
I actually only have one red lipstick - bet you've never heard a beauty blogger say that before - a Topshop number called Rio Rio. Red is one colour I'm still pretty unsure about putting anywhere near my lips but I'm trying to pluck up the courage to wear this out for drinks soon. Although, I've just remembered that a recent Boots haul saw me pick up the new Revlon ColourBurst Balm in 135 Provocateur (plus five other shades..) which is a pink-toned red in the lacquer finish. It's a little less intimidating than the Topshop shade so maybe I'll try this one out first (baby steps!).

9. How do you store your lipsticks?
I have a small acrylic organiser - which you can find here - that houses some of my most used products and has space for 12 lipsticks. Although my lipstick collection is still small, it's outgrown this now so I think I'll have to pick up a bigger one or some Muji draws soon. I've also seen some people store lipsticks in an empty candle jar which I think is a really cute idea so I might try that out when my next candle runs out.

10. Which lipsticks are you currently lusting after?
I'd love a Tom Ford lipstick, mainly for the gorgeous packaging, so I think a trip to Selfridges may be in order soon!


I tag any of you lovely bloggers who would like to do this tag, make sure to link me your posts in the comments if you do! What's your favourite lipstick?
Sally xx

1 comment

  1. Loving your choices for the Lipstick Tag. The MAC lipstick on the right is gorgeous, I don't think I own any colours like that, I usually opt for neutral or hot pinks! I've yet to jump on the YSL bandwagon, but would love a few of their lipsticks.

    Laura x | Life and Lipstick

    ReplyDelete