Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt

Jo Malone Wood Sage and Sea Salt Perfume Review | Sally Says Beauty blog

Jo Malone Wood Sage and Sea Salt Perfume Review | Sally Says Beauty blog


Well let's be honest, anything that involved beach rope instead of ribbon tying up the packaging was going to be a hit with me. I don't think Jo Malone have ever brought out a fragrance that I didn't like (that's a lie, what's with that Lime Basil and Mandarin one?! Do I just have a citrus aversion or does anyone else not believe it could actually be their bestseller...?) but this is definitely one of their best. I actually decided I wanted it before I even smelt it just because of the name. I don't know if it's just my inner wannabe surfer girl (I say 'wannabe' - balance and coordination are apparently quite important if you don't want to spend most of your time spluttering underwater - who knew?) but Wood Sage and Sea Salt sounded like the dream perfume to me.

It (obviously) smells like sage and sea salt, but also like seaweed and driftwood and summer. It's lighter and fresher than I first imagined, and it's one of those perfumes that once you spray on you have to stop yourself from constantly sniffing your wrists. It's kind of like going for a blustery coastal walk - but without the getting caught in a hail storm or accidentally inhaling the strands of hair that the wind has blown in your mouth (just me?), and more like the sitting in a cosy pub afterwards with rosy cheeks and a G&T. It's especially lovely coupled with my other favourite Jo Malone scent, Blackberry and Bay, and the combination of the two make me feel like I'm about to hike across some fields to get to the coast on a country dog walk, even if in reality I'm just squashed up in a Central line tube carriage that smells slightly like manure...

No comments