Green Smoothie Bowl | Frill Frozen Dessert

I'm all about the dairy-free ice cream alternatives right now so when Frill asked me if I'd like to try some of their Frozen Smoothies there was no way I could turn them down! I absolutely love the idea behind Frill Frozen Smoothies as they are 100% natural, there's no added sugar or artificial flavours and their products are completely vegan (as well as gluten-free for any coeliacs out there). There's a lot of fruit, vegetables, and fibre packed into Frill tubs so they really are a guilt-free treat.

I love green smoothies so I knew I'd like Refreshing Green but I actually thought it would be my least favourite out of Frill's current three flavours- who can resist the sound of Bursting Berries and Intense Chocolate? I'll be talking about these two in another post soon - but I'm so glad that this was the one I picked to try first. It tastes seriously amazing and I've found myself waking up craving a bowl of it, which is unusual for something so healthy! It contains basically everything you might put in a green smoothie if you were making one at home - spinach, avocado, pineapple, celery, apple, basil and just general goodness. It tastes really energising so it's the perfect base for a healthy breakfast (like below) but the subtle sweetness means it works well for an afternoon snack or after-dinner treat too.

Green Smoothie Bowl Recipe with Frill Frozen Dessert | Sally Says Beauty


This smoothie bowl is an amazing breakfast to leave you feeling refreshed, nourished, and ready for the day! It's super quick and easy - you can have it ready by the time the kettle's boiled! I found this worked best when Frill had softened a bit so I just made sure to take the tub out of the freezer as soon as I woke up in the morning, and then it's the perfect consistency after you're out of the shower. Alternatively, if you're pushed for time in the mornings, you could leave it in the fridge overnight and that would work fine too. All you need to do is scoop some Frill Refreshing Green out into a bowl and mix it around a bit to soften it up further. It stays quite thick and firm which I loved as it means it's much more filling than a normal smoothie - especially because I usually have to add quite a lot of liquid to my blender to get it to work. Then just add whatever you fancy on top! Here I went for:

Frill Refreshing Green Frozen Smoothie
Blueberries
Raspberries
Homemade granola
Chia seeds
and a drizzle of Agave syrup

Green Smoothie Bowl Recipe with Frill Frozen Dessert | Sally Says Beauty


Recently I've seen Frill Frozen Smoothies in my local Waitrose, and you can also pick them up at Whole Foods if you live locally to one. I absolutely loved Refreshing Green and will definitely be picking it up again for a healthy but super tasty breakfast option. Let me know if you've tried Frill and whether you like the look of this Smoothie Bowl, I'd love to know what you think!

Green Smoothie Bowl Recipe with Frill Frozen Dessert | Sally Says Beauty

No comments