Foundation Files: The Glow Getter

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation Review | Shade - Deauville | Sally Says Beauty: Foundation Files

In my last Foundation Files post I showed you a brilliant budget base, but today I’m going to be talking about a product that makes my bank balance wince a little bit every time I repurchase. Don’t turn away just yet though, because this one is definitely worth the money. It’s not the most expensive foundation on the market (at £30.50 it's far from it!) but it's still one you might want to wait until payday for. Nars Sheer Glow has been raved about by many a beauty blogger but I'm not ashamed to follow the crowd on this one because it's a strong contender for my all time favourite foundation.

The coverage is medium and buildable, but it always feels light on the skin and never cakey, even in summer when things can get a little sweaty... I was matched to the shade Deauville which is almost exactly my natural skin colour, and the shade range is relatively wide so most people should be able to find their perfect match. It looks so natural and makes my skin look flawless - which let me tell you, is a preeetty big task at the moment! It's also perfect for nights out or special occasions as it's SPF free - so you won't be mistaken for Casper the ghost when people are getting a bit too flash-happy with their cameras! Sheer Glow lasts well on my skin - I'll sometimes touch it up in the late afternoon but once I have it looks as fresh as it did in the morning.

The only thing I don't like about this foundation is the fact it doesn't come with a pump (why Nars, why?!). Of course, you can buy a pump separately for only a couple of pounds, but the trouble I had was finding one. They seemed to be out of stock everywhere, for months on end! I did finally get my hands on one and it makes application much easier, but I'd like to see Nars incorporate a pump into an actual lid for the bottle, even if this still would cost extra. Although the pump has a lock so there's no accidental spillages, I just think it looks like I've lost the proper lid for the bottle (or is that just me being fussy?). Fussiness aside, Nars Sheer Glow really does deserve the hype and I'm sure its Holy Grail status in the beauty world will be firmly cemented for many years to come - I know I'll be repurchasing over and over again!

No comments