Foundation Files: The Budget Base

Foundation Files - Budget Base | Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation Review | Sally Says Beauty

Over the next few weeks I'm going to be showing you my favourite foundations and talking a little bit about why they're good at what they do. Up this week is the only drugstore foundation I've ever repurchased (actually one of the only three I've ever tried - yes I admit it, I'm a foundation snob) - Rimmel Wake Me Up. Retailing at £8.99 it's not the cheapest out there but at less than a third of the price of most high end alternatives it's not to be sniffed at. Speaking of sniffing, the fruity scent makes me enjoy applying this in the morning - it's beats smelling like paint any day. I find myself reaching for this over my higher end bases quite often, especially as we're coming into summer and I want a lighter finish. It claims to have an anti-fatigue effect, and although I'm not sure about that (it takes more than makeup to hide the fact I'm in desperate need of a 72-hour nap!) my skin does look dewy and much fresher after I've applied it. Coupled with a primer, it's staying power is decent - on my normal/combination skin it lasts around 8 hours before I'm in need of a touch up (read: piling another layer on to try and tame my red cheeks). The shade range is pretty awful, with only 6 variations on beige being available and even the palest (100 Ivory) being, well, just not that pale. If you can forgive it that though, it definitely deserves a place in your summer makeup stash.

No comments