One Sweep Wonders

One Sweep Wonders | Sally Says Beauty blog


You know those days when you spend a bit too long watching youtube videos while you're eating your breakfast and then only have ten minutes to shower, dress and do your makeup? (Yep, that's everyday for me too...) Or when you're about to reach for your blending brush, but think the Kardashian-esqe look you were planning might be a bit OTT for a normal day at the office? Bring in the one sweep wonders. A selection of shadows that you can slick across your lid in one fell swoop and instantly look more put together with minimal effort - leaving you with more time to pick out a street style blog worthy outfit (okay, or just wear all black errythang again) or grab a coffee on your way out. Here's my pick of the best one sweep shadows: three different formulas, three different shades of neutral, one seriously quick everyday makeup look.

Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in Birthday Suit - A staple in my makeup bag since I was 15, I've lost count of how many times I've repurchased this and there's a good reason for that. A suit-all bronzey taupe with a subtle shimmer which really opens your eyes up and makes you look more awake. It stays put for a good 8 hours and they're not lying, it never creases.

MAC Woodwinked - I'm betting that a lot of you will have this little gem stashed away in your beauty drawer somewhere! One's of MAC's most talked about shadows, it's easy to see why - the formula is buttery and applies like a dream, and the coppery-brown shade is one of my all time favourites to wear alone on my lids.

By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Bronze Moon - A relatively new addition to my makeup bag, I'd been coveting this for quite some time but every time I was in a Space NK they'd sold out! It was definitely worth the wait though as it's such a lovely shade of bronze and the packaging is gorgeous. This is possibly my favourite of the three as one quick swipe does the trick, and after giving you just enough time to smudge it out a little bit with your fingertip it doesn't budge until you reach for your evening cleanser.

Just pair with lashings of mascara and a pinky-nude lip (see my current favourite here) and you're ready for whatever the day throws at you! Do you have a go-to shadow for days when you're pushed for time?

No comments